No request from State govt. to withdraw permission to NLC to mine in Cuddalore: Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi
1 year, 8 months ago

No request from State govt. to withdraw permission to NLC to mine in Cuddalore: Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi

The Hindu  

Union Minister for Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs Pralhad Joshi on Monday said the Centre had not received any request from the Tamil Nadu government to withdraw permission to NLC India to start mining operations in Mine III in Cuddalore district. Mr. Joshi also said there was “no proposal to withdraw the proposed Mine III of NLC India in Cuddalore” in spite of protests by farmers, labourers, environmentalists and some organisations against the acquisition of fertile lands. When asked by Rajya Sabha MP Anbumani Ramadoss of the PMK whether the Union government had any intention to withdraw all the proposed coal or lignite mining activities in Tamil Nadu, Mr. Joshi said that only three lignite blocks – East of Sethiathope, Michaelpatti and Vadaseri – located in Tamil Nadu, which were offered for auction in the 7th round of auctions for commercial mining under the Mines and Minerals Act, 1957, had been withdrawn from the process. Responding to a query whether the Union government had given permission to start mining operations at Mine III in Cuddalore district, Mr. Joshi said, “NLCIL has obtained its mining lease from Government of Tamil Nadu for an area of 25,900 hectares on 29.08.1963.

History of this topic

Annamalai says tungsten mining project will not come up in Melur taluk
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Madras High Court directs Cuddalore Superintendent of Police to ensure safety of NLC
1 year, 8 months ago

Discover Related