Fact check: Trump falsely suggests he was right when he predicted ‘close to zero’ virus cases in February
Washington CNN — President Donald Trump claimed Tuesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House coronavirus task force, said in late February that the coronavirus was “no problem.” Fauci didn’t say that. This is going to blow over.” Facts First: Trump is wrong that Fauci publicly said the virus was “no problem” and would “blow over.” While it is true that Fauci said in late February that Americans did not need to change their behavior patterns at that time, he also clarified that these conditions could change and coronavirus could develop into a major outbreak. For context, here’s what Trump said in February: “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” On Tuesday, Acosta invoked Trump’s faulty prediction from February while asking for his reaction to the news that the United States officially surpassed 1 million confirmed cases. Speaking in the East Room Tuesday afternoon, he claimed that he “closed down” the US and its borders, adding, “I did a ban on China from coming in, other than US citizens.” Earlier in the day with DeSantis, the President also said “ultimately we did a ban on Europe.” Facts First: It’s not true that Trump “closed down” the country entirely.


‘Enough Of The Lies’: Joe Biden Is Done With Donald Trump’s COVID-19 BS In New Ad


In U.N. Speech, Trump Blasts China And WHO, Blaming Them For Spread Of COVID-19





Donald Trump says US report on China and origin of coronavirus will be 'conclusive'




U.S. tightens travel restrictions as Trump says more coronavirus cases ‘likely’

Discover Related

'Perhaps': Trump admits that Elon Musk could be 'susceptible' to Chinese influence

China in a fix as Trump presses for direct talks with Xi Jinping

China's Xi may visit US in not-too-distant future: Donald Trump

Trump Says Xi Will Visit Washington in Not Too Distant Future

Trump administration weighs travel ban on dozens of countries, memo says

Donald Trump administration considers travel ban on 41 countries, says memo | Full list

Trump eyes multi-tiered travel ban targeting over 40 countries: report

Trump administration mulls new travel ban that could hit 43 nations: Report

Trump-Xi meeting possible in April amidst trade tensions: Report

Chinese Foreign Minister Slams Trump Tariffs: 'Meeting Good With Evil'

One Biden decision Trump is not undoing: Tightening the curb on China tech

Chinese manufacturers speed up efforts to dodge Trump tariffs

Trump administration targets China with new trade and investment restrictions

Virus disinformation drives anti-China sentiment, lockdown fears

China slams CIA’s COVID lab leak claim, says ‘extremely unlikely’ – Here’s why

Trump heads to disaster zones amid emergency funding row

Trump threatens Russia, others with tariffs if deal to end Ukraine war not reached

Trump threatens China with 10% tariffs on all goods despite ‘very good’ Xi call
